If you have a DMACC issued laptop and you'd like to have access to Banner and network drives from home through the VPN, please follow the instructions below.
1. Email email@example.com for permissions to access the VPN. If we have linked this article to you, we have most likely already done this for you.
2. Sign in to the laptop before taking the laptop off site. This creates your user profile on the laptop so you can sign in remotely. If you've already signed in to the laptop while off site, then you're fine.
3. Install the VPN. See below for more details.
If you are on-campus, you must
be connected on the DMACC Private wi-fi in order to reach this web address.
You should see a login prompt. Use your normal DMACC username and password, like you would use for myDMACC
or a campus computer.
You should see this Download & Install page after logging in. At the bottom-right, you can click Instructions which will give a step-by-step breakdown on setting this up. Click Download for Windows to get the installer.
Once the installation finishes, you can find the program in the Windows Start menu, under "Cisco" > "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client"
You can also just use the Windows search bar and search Cisco.
Once you see the program, launch it.
On the bottom-right of your screen, this box should appear. In the blank box, type vpn.dmacc.edu
You should only have to do this once. When you open the VPN software in the future, vpn.dmacc.edu will be autofilled into that box. When you're ready, click Connect.
After you click Connect,
you'll see another login prompt. Use your normal DMACC username and password, like you would use for myDMACC
or a campus computer.
You should get a pop-up stating you are now connected and at the bottom it should say Welcome to the DMACC VPN. Click OK to close this message.
You are now connected. If you need to disconnect from the VPN choose the icon in the system tray at the bottom-right that looks like a globe with a lock on it.
It will open the VPN window and then you can click Disconnect.
You must be connected with the DMACC VPN to proceed with the remaining steps.
4. Open the File Explorer on your device. By default, an icon for this will be pinned to the taskbar at the bottom of your screen.
In the box below, type in \\anfp01\apps, then press Enter.
Search for MapMyVPNDrives. When it appears, copy and paste it to your Desktop.
Now, while still connected to the VPN, you can double click the MapMyVPNDrives icon that you put on your desktop.
This will map the P:\ drive and then run the login script to map the remaining drive letters.
5. Install Banner if not installed already. Go to your I: drive, select the Banner folder, and double click Install Banner 9.0.
If you need further assistance in adding the VPN program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to stop by the Tech Support office in Building 6, Room 17, we can assist you with the installation as well.