MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
Trail Point is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members, guests, and participants. Trail Point’s Code of Conduct outlines prohibited behaviors as well as expected behaviors.
Trail Point shall have the right to warn, suspend, expel or terminate any member, guest or program participant in the following situations:
- Conviction of any crime involving abuse; is or has been a registered sex offender; has been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs; or, is under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
- If a person requires an inordinate amount of attention from the staff thereby causing inadequate levels of supervision for the remainder of the participants or members.
- If a person’s behavior is determined to be inappropriate within the scope and spirit of Trail Point and DMACC values.
- Personal fitness training (paid/unpaid) performed by anyone not certified and/or employed by Trail Point.
- Behavior determined to be unlawful, abusive, derogatory, harassing, unwelcome and/or obscene language.
- Threats of harm, verbal abuse, physical aggression or violent acts.
- Behavior, which poses a direct threat to themselves or others.
- Negative comments or actions based on an individual’s sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- Possession of any weapons, devices or objects, which may be used as a weapon.
- Smoking, the use of tobacco, e-cigarette, or the use of products intended to mimic smoking or tobacco products.
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal products.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or menacing behavior.
- Sexually explicit conversation, behavior or display of pornography.
- Unsafe or inappropriate attire.
- Accessing or permitting access to Trail Point without signing-in.
- Using equipment for other than its intended purposes or not following safety instructions. Equipment orientations are available to all members and Trail Point staff members are eager to be of assistance.
Members, guests, and participants are encouraged to report behavior, which is inconsistent Trail Point’s Code of Conduct to Trail Point staff directly.